What are the 7 top tips you should know before getting a Border Collie?
1. Border Collies are working dogs, they have stamina and plenty of energies. They need a lot of mental and physical stimulation, so prepare to use all your spare time to keep them happy
2. They can be trained to be left alone but they like human company. They sometimes are independent but most of the time they need company in order to be happy
3. They have a lot of genetic problems, the two most commons one are Hip Dysplasia, Collie Eye Anomaly and Epilepsy. Research a breeder that can guarantee parents are tested for what can be tested and ask about Epilepsy in the line.
4. Colours don’t make a puppy more expensive. Breeding and working qualities should dictate a price so don’t trust who sells fancy merles or blue more then the more common black and white.
5. Border Collies can be noise sensitive as they have a very fine hearing. Make sure you ask about parents response to loud noises, fireworks, shooting to know if you are going to take home a puppy that cannot cope with a busy and noisy urban life
6. Border Collies are bred to react to fast movement, so it’s likely if not trained, that they will start chasing cars and other fast moving thing7. There is not such a thing like just one Border Collie, they are like sweet…. once you start you just can’t stop!!!
Do you need support on how to choose your first Border Collie or do you already have one and want to know how to manage some of the problems you were not aware of? Get in touch via email! email@example.com